You are here
Youth RISE (Resource. Information. Support. Education) is an international, youth-led organisation of young people committed to confronting the reality that young people today live in a world where drugs are more accessible on the street than the education and resources needed to reduce their harm. Current drug policies focused on prevention ignore the reality that some young people around the world use drugs for a variety of reasons, and they are getting sick, being incarcerated, and too often being shunned from society. This is unacceptable. Youth RISE aims to raise-up the voices of young people affected by drug policy, those who use drugs and those who seek to empower them.
We are a membership based network. If you are a young person who uses drugs, is affected by drug policy, or is interested in joining the movement, visit our members page to join Youth RISE or simply sign up using the "user login" box.
Mission & Vision
Youth RISE is a youth led network promoting evidence based drug policies and harm reduction strategies with the involvement of young people who use drugs and are affected by drug policies.
Youth RISE envisions a world where society responds to drug use among young people through humane and evidence based policy and practice.
What we stand for
- Youth participation/empowerment: We empower young people who are affected by drug policy to actively engage in harm reduction strategies and drug policy dialogue.
- Access to harm reduction: We call for the removal of age restrictions and barriers that impede young people's access to harm reduction.
- Youth-friendly harm reduction services: We champion services that are relevant, accessible and conducive to the overall health of young people, ensuring that young people are involved in service design and delivery.
- Human rights of young people who use drugs: We demand that human rights of young people who use drugs are respected and protected.
- Stigma: We work for the elimination of stigma and discrimination of young people who use drugs.
- Decriminalisation: We call for the repeal of punitive drug laws that criminalise young people who use drugs, and advocate for alternatives to detention.
Check out this short interview with Youth RISE's Anita Krug to learn more.